It’s been a hot minute since I’ve posted a recipe of some sort for you all, so today I’m going to post the latest and greatest meal I’ve made recently! Like many other recipes I make, I found this recipe on Pinterest. When I saw how little ingredients and steps were involved, I was sold.
Disclaimer: This is not a supremely healthy or super low-cal meal. BUT it’s yummy (and comforting) as hell. To be completely honest with you all, half the food I make is pretty carb heavy. I guess you could say I never truly got off the marathon meal plan. Oops!
Give this recipe a try! I can promise you you won’t be disappointed!
What you need:
- Large Slow Cooker
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 (32-oz) container chicken broth
- 1 (28-oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (10.75-oz) cans tomato soup
- 2 (8-oz) containers chive and onion cream cheese spread, softened
- 1 (18-oz) package refrigerated cheese tortellini, uncooked
Step by Step:
- In a skillet, cook Italian sausage until browned and no longer pink. Drain & transfer cooked sausage to slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato soup to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese and cheese tortellini. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 30 minutes, until tortellini is cooked.
Thanks Plain Chicken for such an easy and delicious recipe! Like I said earlier, because I’m no gourmet chef, I love trying others’ recipes, especially simple ones! Let me know if you try this yummy recipe by commenting below!